Follow my blog with Bloglovin Rita Wanderlust: True Friendship: Chasing the Dragon Edition

Sunday, June 19, 2016

True Friendship: Chasing the Dragon Edition

This is the conversation I had with one of my best friends recently.  I hope that he doesn't mind me sharing but after reading this, all I could think was "this is how I know we're in this for the long haul."

T: I need drugs. Like hard drugs.

Me: Ummmmm...I could totally go for some heroin?

T: Let's do it. Time to meet the dragon.

Me: Deal! Know any trustworthy heroin dealers?

T: I might know a guy.

Me: In Virginia? Really?

T: Possibly. I probably would never try.

Me: Wimp!

Is there even such a thing as a "trustworthy heroin dealer"?  I don't personally know a whole lot of drug dealers (at least not in the last few years.  Just kidding.  Or am I?) but I'm pretty sure that statement is an oxymoron.  But who knows.  Maybe heroin dealers are actually more trustworthy than doctors or priests and they just have built up this bad reputation.  I think I just started defending heroin dealers and that probably means that I should just stop writing before someone reads this post and actually thinks I'm a heroin addict or something.  I'm not.  Really.

Anyway, this is the friend who has graciously agreed to go to Colorado with me in August because no one else really wanted to go.  I'm not sure about Colorado either.  Do they have a heavy heroin usage rate?  I guess I could google it but where's the fun in that when you can just speculate?  I guess I'll just decide for myself when I get to Colorado.

Just as a little disclaimer, neither T nor I do heroin or any other kind of (non prescription) drugs to the best of my knowledge.  He was just having a rough day.

Love you, bud.  You get me.
Paddle boarding
Random photo of girls sharing a paddle board to ease the tension this drug related post may have caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you think so please let it all pour out.