Follow my blog with Bloglovin Rita Wanderlust: What I'm Eating This Week: Pumpkin Spice Cake

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

What I'm Eating This Week: Pumpkin Spice Cake

October is the best month of the year.  Yes, that is a bold statement but I stand behind it 100%.  October is the epitome of the autumn month and what other season is as amazing as autumn?  I know, I know, lots of people will disagree with me and say that summer is the best but I loathe heat so for me, autumn is the most amazing time of year.  The beautiful colors, the smells, the leaves everywhere, the brisk air, the fashion, the food...the no need to shave.  I even have a tattoo on my shoulder of ivy with autumnal colors in the background.  Yes, I'm slightly obsessed.


With all that said, I'm not one of those people that flock to anything pumpkin spice.  I don't feel the need to bathe in pumpkin spice body wash or use pumpkin spice mascara or nail polish or whatever other ludicrous things they are pumpkin-spicing these days.  However, I felt like I should honor the season by doing something pumpkin spice related, therefore, this week, I made a delicious pumpkin spice cake.  I'm also feeling incredibly lazy (thus this post is a day late) and I didn't want to put in a lot of work so this recipe is going to be ABSURDLY simple.  All you gourmet chefs out there: don't judge me.

Original recipe can be found at Noble Pig.


Ingredients:

  • 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
  • 1 Can Pumpkin
  • 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider
  • 1.5 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice


Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine cake mix and pumpkin and pour into a 9x13 cake pan (or whatever size you choose I guess but this will alter baking times).
  3. Bake cake for 28 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the center, comes out clean.
  4. While the cake is baking, make the glaze by combining the remaining ingredients (cider, sugar, and spice).  This mixture should be pretty thick but pourable.
  5. When cake comes out of the oven, pour some of the glaze over the cake but reserve some to pour over individual pieces as well.
  6. Enjoy some amazing fall flavor while wrapped in a cozy blanket.

Nutrition:
  • I cut this into 12 slices but you can make the pieces bigger or smaller.
  • Each piece (when cut into 12) has about 210 calories...and yes, this is including the glaze.
Notes:
  • This is a really sweet cake so a little glaze goes a long way.
  • I added a little pumpkin spice to the cake mix as well because you know...it's the season and go big or go home.
Okay, seriously people...who doesn't love a blog called "Noble Pig"?

Safe Travels and Scrumptious Eats,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you think so please let it all pour out.